Thoughts From Abroad | Part 6

08 November 2013

1) This week has consisted of me being sickly. Lame, I know, but it couldn't have come at a better time. I didn't have class this week, which means I didn't have to miss a single seminar! 

2) My productivity has been extremely unpredictable. The whole point of "Enrichment Week" is to have time to work on essays and reading. While I can proudly say I have finished one project completely, I have also spent countless hours watching TV shows.

3) I finished Gossip Girl! I totally called who Gossip Girl was from the beginning! I was so proud of myself. I also started American Horror Story, which is a very strange show, but in a good way.

4) Unfortunately, I was extremely ill on Guy Fawkes Day. Although I missed out on the fireworks, it was raining and cold that night and I don't think I could have braved it even if I was well. 

5) I finally made it to the Hippodrome! The Hippodrome is Bristol's big theatre, and it was nice to get dressed up to see an opera.

6) I've realized that I have very few pictures of me here in England. That needs to change.

7) Apparently my Texas accent isn't very strong. I should probably work on that.

8) I'm seeing Rizzle Kicks in March! I'm so excited about this show it's not even funny. They're a hip hop/rap duo who's lyrics focus on social and cultural observations rather than the degrading crap you hear in most rap nowadays (sorry, I'm bitter). Read a recent BBC article about them here and listen to one of my favorite songs off their new album here.

9) Today was my first day volunteering at the ss Great Britain. Loved it.

10) Christmas is everywhere! I'm so excited to experience an English Christmas season!

Bristol Harbourside
Happy Friday!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Omg Christmas in England sounds so fun! Can't wait for pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant believe you called who gossip girl was! I was so shocked when I found out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you were sick on Bonfire Night. That's one of the few English holidays I miss!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.