Guinness Storehouse | Dublin, Ireland

27 April 2014

I've come to the realization that I like Guinness.
Granted, it took me a trip to Ireland and the Guinness Storehouse to figure this out, but I now enjoy Guinness. The Guinness Storehouse was obviously a must on our list of things to do in Ireland.

Walking into the Guinness Storehouse was like walking into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory... only with beer and less oompa loompas.
The building stretches over seven floors. SEVEN FLOORS! However, the tour is self guided, meaning you can go as fast or as slow as you like.
First, you are introduced to the process of making the actual beer. Then, you see some of its history and impact on Dublin.
That's all fine and dandy, but then you walk down a dark corridor and into a completely white room (I know, Willy Wonka style) where you learn how to properly taste Guinness. Trust me, knowing how to properly drink it makes a HUGE difference.
Lastly, you are taught how to pour the perfect pint of Guinness. Seeing as I was the closest person to the guide, I was first to demonstrate. After pouring your own Guinness, you are invited up to the Gravity Bar, a room with a 360 degree view of the Dublin skyline.


Is the Guinness Storehouse really worth the trip?
YES!
Is it worth the 15 euros?
YES!

I walked in thinking I didn't even like Guinness.
I walked out a believer with a pint of beer in my belly.

Happy Sunday!
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. This is literally my idea of heaven. I LOVEEEEEEEEEE Guinness! YUMMMMM! Lucky girl! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love Guinness too :) It tastes a lot better at the Storehouse than anywhere else I have tried it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind the taste of Guinness, but it makes me feel so heavy- like I've drunk a loaf of bread! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stouts but much to my boyfriends disappointment am still not a fan of guinness. Everyone said that it tastes really different/better at the actual storehouse though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo's! I like Guiness but it's heavy like eating a big meal.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.