Welcome to Thoughts From Abroad, a weekly recap of the little things going on in my life in England!
- Sorry for the lack of a 'Thoughts from Abroad' post last week! Lots of traveling = an unmotivated online Sara.
- I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Mine consisted of rain, rain, and more rain.
- I managed to do the stupidest thing possible since I moved to England. I left my backpack on the train! Luckily, it was found and I was able to pick it up a few days ago!
- There is a Obama Plaza being built in a tiny town in Ireland. There is also a giant billboard of Obama holding a Guinness. You know, why not?
- I've done my first ever boat pub crawl. Hopping from one pub to the next is always more fun when you have a boat as your main form of transportation for the night!
- I have to give a dissertation presentation to a panel of professors next week. Yeah, I'm FREAKING OUT!
- It kills me that I have to wait every Sunday to watch the new Game of Thrones episodes. Everyone knows the only way to watch a show is by watching one episode after another for hours upon hours.
- I somehow came down with a sore throat and fever a few days ago. Nothing a little tea and bed time couldn't cure!
- You know that viral video of the Southwest flight attendant with her hilarious safety feature monologue? I've been on a flight with her before! That whole crew was hilarious.
- My Medieval Bristol class yesterday consisted of a tour of two medieval churches. Not complaining at all :)
- New layout... again. I'm a very indecisive person!
Vicky is from a small town in Somerset, England. She moved to Darwin in the Northern Territory of Australia in August 2013 to spend the year with her Aussie boyfriend. 9 months later she is trying to apply to stay in Australia. She is "enjoying" the process of getting the visa application together whilst working, writing a newish blog about her adventures in Darwin, trying to be a photographer, spending time with the Aussie and her lovely new friends, and enjoying the sights and sounds of Darwin! She just needs to find a way to defeat the mosquitoes who call her lunch now!