23

28 May 2014

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday.
Goodbye to the days of singing Taylor Swift's '22'.

22 was by far the best year of my life. 
It was the year I moved across the world to England. 
But it's time to let go of 22 and move on to 23. 

This year, my 23rd year, I'm looking forward to:
Graduating with a Masters Degree
Moving into my very own apartment here in England
Getting a big girl job

23 obviously marks a more grown up me.
The things I look forward to are no longer silly,
but actually have purpose.
But that doesn't mean I still can't act young.
Because let's face it, 23 is still pretty young.

Despite the fact I have ZERO pictures from my 23rd birthday,
it was one of the best birthdays I've had.
J and I spent the day wandering around Bristol,
playing mini golf,
eating Spanish food,
and watching Game of Thrones.
Needless to say, it was perfect (rainy) day.

So here's to 23, and the next amazing year in my life!
Let's hope Blink-182 isn't right about being 23...

Happy Wednesday!
And happy birthday to all the bloggers who share a birthday week with me!
xoxo


25 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! I'll tell you what, 28 is pretty darn great too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard 28 is the best year of your twenties!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! Yay for more May babies and celebrating our birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray May babies! Happy birthday! Glad it sounded so amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday, 23 was one of the best years of my life! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. New reader coming out of creeping to wish you a happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!! I'm glad you had a beautiful day! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Happy Birthday!!...I'm still 21, but I hope my 22 will be just as epic as yours, :-)!!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! Haha I said the same thing when I turned 23 about T-Swift. Great song ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey it's my birthday tomorrow!! I'll be 24. Happy birthday to us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! I'm a few months in, but I'll tell ya, 23 has been pretty great so far : )

    We'll have to keep in touch - you're exactly at the place in your life where I'll be in one year - took a gap year between undergrad and grad, but I'm starting my MA this fall in London, for the reasons of getting a job and sticking around permanently.

    Caity at Adventures Abroad Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! I always regret being too old to enjoy Taylor's seminal hit :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.