The Hunt for Bristol's Red Phone Boxes

15 July 2014


The red telephone box is an iconic sight in the UK. However, over recent years red phone box numbers have dwindled as pay phones have become useless in today's society. When I first moved to Bristol, I didn't notice a single red telephone box. As I became more familiar with the city, I began to notice one here or there. In my 10 months in Bristol, I have only discovered the location of six red phone boxes. 

WHITELAIES ROAD

CLIFTON SUSPENSION BRIDGE

ST. MICHAEL'S HILL

ST. NICHOLAS MARKET

Not pictured: Portland Square and Dowry Square. If you live in Bristol and know of any others, let me know!

Personally, I think it's sad that such an iconic item is dwindling in numbers. It always makes me happy to see these historic booths being turned into mini libraries or ATMs, which makes them functional for today's society.
What are your thoughts on the red phone boxes?

Happy Tuesday!
xoxo

Travel Tuesday

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.