A Weekend in the Big Easy

11 June 2015



There is no place in the world like New Orleans. The mix of foreign and southern history creates a unique culture that can not be found anywhere else. It is easy to lose yourself in the idea of New Orleans: Voodoo shops in the Quarter, and fresh oysters straight from the Gulf. But trust me when I say the city itself has so much more to offer than images portrayed in television or in books. 

Our weekend didn't go exactly as planned. What was supposed to be a girls weekend with my old college roommates turned into a traveling nightmare. Our trip happened to coincide with one of the worst flooding seasons in Texas history, turning a trip for four into a trip for two. I was fortunate I reached New Orleans without a single delay or canceled flight. It was a miracle actually since Houston had been hit so hard by flood waters. I met up with the only other friend that could make it for a weekend of sightseeing and exploring. 

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities in America. I had only been once before but this trip just confirmed my love for this vibrant and exciting city. I managed to leave the Big Easy with over 700 photos (I was there for no more than 48 hours mind you). I have so much to say and so much to share so don't be surprised when you see photos from my trip for awhile her on this little blog. 


Happy Thursday!
xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.