The Oldest City Park in the United States | Boston, Massachusetts

17 June 2017


Since its founding in 1634 the Boston Common has had many different uses. What started as a cow pasture became a campsite for British troops before the Battle of Lexington and Concord. Sometime later, the Common became a public hanging site until a gallows was introduced. Years later it would become a garden, a cemetery, and even the location of riots and protests. As the oldest city park in the United States, the Boston Common is a unique place where nature and history coexist. 


I was lucky that my trip to Boston coincided with some of the most beautiful weather Boston had seen this Spring. Tourist and locals alike were setting up places in the shade to sit and relax. I found myself wondering the park at a snails pace, just enjoying the serenity. Boston Common is a haven in the center of busy Boston. 



xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.