Parthenon & Centennial Park | Nashville, Tennessee

21 September 2015


When planning any sort of trip nowadays I rely almost solely on Instagram. Whether it be finding a good place to eat or the most pretty places to visit, Instagram has become my go to tool for pretty much everything. During my trip to Nashville in May, Leah and I did pretty well on hitting the major touristy spots. However, as I scrolled through the numerous Nashville hashtags later on I realized we had missed out on one major attraction. Enter the Parthenon.

I know what you're thinking. Why is there a full scale replica of Athen's famous Parthenon sitting in the middle of Nashville? We were pretty confused to. Built in 1897 as part of the Tennessee Centennial Exposition, Nashville's Parthenon was never meant to be a permanent structure. However due to its popularity after the fair was over the building stayed. Having to go through a complete rebuilding in the early 20th century, the Parthenon became a permanent fixture in 1931. 

Today the Parthenon is a art museum, however we picked a Sunday morning to visit meaning the museum was unfortunately closed. Instead, we chose to eat our breakfast on the steps before roaming the vast park surrounding the Parthenon. 

A photo posted by S a r a D a v i s (@sararosedavis) on


Happy Monday!
xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that the Parethenon wasn't supposed to be permanent let alone that it's an art museum. We're headed to Nashville later on this week, so we'll definitely try to head over there to see it!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.