Athens | Greece

03 June 2019


The birth of civilization can be traced back to places such as Mesopotamia, Egypt, China, and the Indus River Valley. These four river valleys are at the heart of the beginning of our written history, still often clouded in mystery and awe. 

However, the cradle of modern civilization, the foundation for which we live by today, can be traced back to Athens. 

Athens is a city I had always read about in my history books. I remember learning about the ancient civilization in school and now even teaching my own students about it today. Its a civilization, although ancient, that isn't so far removed or as foreign to our modern society as say Mesopotamia. 

Visiting Athens is like stepping back through time. Hiking up the Acropolis and through the Propylaea to behold the sight of the Parthenon is a feeling that history books will never be able to describe. Athens is a place like no other. Even under the heat of a spring sun, the city glows in a way no other city does. 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.