Happy Thanksgiving!

29 November 2013

Instead of my weekly "Thoughts From Abroad", I decided to make a post dedicated solely to my first Thanksgiving in England.
I'm not going to lie, Thanksgiving this year was hard. Having said that, I think this has been the first year I have truly appreciated the holiday. I now live in a country where not only did I have to attend class on Thanksgiving, but I also had to prepare a meal on my own. There was no turkey, no football, and no family. 
However, I am thankful for so many things this year. I feel so blessed to be living out my dreams, and sacrificing Thanksgiving in Texas was just a small price I had to pay. So here are a few things I am thankful for:

+ My parents who have supported me in my move abroad.

+ My sister who is rocking her sophomore year at Tech.

+ The other MA History students. They've helped me so much in adjusting to life here in England.

+ My friends who Snapchat me like crazy, making sure I don't miss a thing.

+ The volunteer position I have at the museum. I am gaining experience I need for my future career, and having a lot of fun doing it. 

+ My faith, which has helped me overcome any struggles I have faced in my move.

+ Mission Burrito which gives me my Mexican food fix whenever I need it. 

+ This little blogging community I have become a part of. 

+ The education I am receiving here at the University of Bristol. Sure, my life would be a lot less stressful if I wasn't doing a masters, but life would be far less interesting!

I'm off to London for a wonderful weekend getaway!
How was everyone else's Thanksgiving?
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. The first holiday away is always the hardest and then two is much easier and then just when you think I have this the third one is mega hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I lay my head down to sleep tonight, I am thinking of you Sara. Christmas break is coming soon, and we can't wait to have you under this roof, and in our arms again. xoxo
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.