Throwback | Mexico

06 January 2014

I'm attempting to organize my life.
And when I say life, I mean the 'Travel' page of my blog. 
Most of the countries I have visited were pre-Bristol in my Pocket. I thought long and hard about how I should include some of those travels, and it dawned on me: Throwbacks.
So grab a cup of tea and enjoy the lovely pictures of me in my awkward years.
_____________________________________

June 2009: Age 18
Cozumel & Progresso

I have been to Mexico on four separate occasions. Unfortunately, pictures get lost as time goes on. I've been on a desperate search for pictures from these first two trips, and have had little success. This was my third trip to Mexico.

I'm about to tell y'all something rather embarrassing. But my life's an open blog, right?
You are about to enter a no judgement zone.

I joined Girl Scouts when I was 6.
Yes, most American girls are Girl Scouts at some point.
However, I was a member up until I graduated high school.
My troop and I decided at a very young age that we wanted to save our cookie money and go on a vacation the summer before college. It probably seemed like a silly idea at the time, but we stuck to it.
By the time high school graduation rolled around, we had actually saved enough money to go on a cruise! Our cookie money paid for a cruise!

This was my first trip abroad without my parents. It was a big deal for me, even if I had been to Cozumel before. I stand by my opinion that cruises are the best vacations. Between the food, the people, and the destinations, you seriously can't go wrong.

I had so much fun on this cruise, I actually ended up doing it again with my college roommates in 2013. That however, is a post for another time.


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I was a girl scout up til my sophomore year in HS and the only reason I stopped was because my troop broke up. That is so awesome that your cookie money paid for a cruise!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.