Why I Blog (1 Year Blogiversary)

06 July 2014


A few days ago Bristol In My Pocket turned one!
I can't believe I've been blogging for a full year!
Margo over at Gunten Blog Y'all recently wrote an amazing post about why she blogs.
Her post was SO PERFECT I thought it would make a great prompt for my blogiversary.
So why do I blog?

Like most expat bloggers, the original purpose of this blog was to update my family and friends on my adventures abroad. Let's be real, we all know it never works out like that. To be honest, I'm pretty sure my mom is the only one who really reads my blog (and she does so religiously). But because blogging is not exactly normal social media, it's hard for family and friends to keep up with Bristol In My Pocket. Yet I continue to blog anyway.

The thing about my blog is, I enjoy doing it. Bristol In My Pocket is a little piece of me. I'm constantly working on my blog because it makes me happy to see its success. We live in a day and age where you have the possibility to leave your mark on the world without being extraordinary. You can just be you.

I've found that the majority of people back home don't understand my lifestyle. While they accept my choices, they don't understand them. Yet blogging opens up a world (literally) of people who share my same values and beliefs. The blogging community is filled with people just like me, living abroad, experiencing the same dramas and thrills. We were told growing up not to talk to strangers online. While it is still important to stay cautious, we're rarely told of the friendships and connections you can make with kindred spirits.

Why do you blog?

Happy Sunday!
xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.