Bristol In My Pocket is now Of Golden Roses!

22 February 2015

Welcome to Of Golden Roses, formerly known as Bristol in my Pocket! This has been a long time coming, so I just wanted to explain a few things about the new site.
WHY CHANGE | After my unexpected move back to the United States, the 'Bristol' aspect of my blog became less relevant. I loved Bristol In My Pocket. It was a fantastic name. But I needed a name that wasn't so fixed. Something that wouldn't restrict my content and audience. 

WHAT'S IN A NAME | So why Of Golden Roses? I wanted a name to represent my interests, yet be able withstand any life changes that may come my way in the future. I wrote pages and pages of possible names, yet I found myself drifting towards a very early idea: Of Golden Roses. So where did the name come from? During the research process of my masters dissertation, I came across a series of 17th century ballads and songs detailing the merging of the red Tudor rose and white Yorkist rose. It was a beautiful piece of history, complied together and named A Crowne-Garland of Golden Roses. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you are interested in historical poetry you can check out the entire piece here

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT | Of Golden Roses will essentially consist of lifestyle and travel posts. Sometimes it may be more lifestyle, sometimes it may be more travel. This little blog of mine is just a little bit of everything.

THE NEW DESIGN | If you haven't noticed, my blog name isn't the only thing that has changed around here. I wanted a simple, clean design to go with the new blog. Picking a name was the easy part compared to picking the design!

Lots of things have changed around here, so bear with me while I work out all the kinks (I know there are quite a few)!

www.ofgoldenroses.blogspot.com

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.