MONTHLY LOVE | MARCH

30 March 2015


I can't believe how quickly 2015 is going by! So many things have happened this month, but I'm going to fill you in on my biggest life update… I GOT A JOB! After moving back to the states I frantically applied for every job under the sun. Finally, after a month and a half of applications and interviews I can finally say I am employed. I know I don't want to stay in Houston permanently and it's not in the field I imagined for myself (I have two history degrees, how did I end up in the medical field???) but I'm happy to be back in the city I grew up in at the beginning of my career. I won't indulge much of my work life on the blog as I don't want to mix my hobby with my professional career, however I will say I almost fainted on the first day! Apparently I'm the kind of person who will faint at the sight of blood, who knew! But enough about that, here are the things I'm loving this month!

THINGS I'M LOVING
Future Weekend Trips | Gone are the days of my day-cations around England. I miss hopping on a train and going somewhere new. However my love of travel doesn't have to end now that I'm stateside. Up coming weekend trips include Nashville and New Orleans!

Pretty Little Liars | I used to watch PLL years ago, however I stopped keeping up with it halfway through season 3. I started rewatching it again when I moved back to Houston and I'm obsesssssssssed.

Seafood | Shrimp, oysters, crab, crawfish. You name it, I've been eating it this month. Gulf coast seafood is the best.

Running | During my unemployed month I knew I needed something to do to keep me busy. So I began running. I've never really run before and to be honest it feels great! I love seeing myself improve and would love to run a marathon (one day in the very faraway distance).

Maxi Dresses | Having lived in the UK up until fairly recently, my summer wardrobe is practically nonexistent. This past month of amazing Texas weather has only proved to me that this summer is going to be brutally hot. My new favorite warm weather clothing? Maxi dresses. I'm obsessed. The only problem is finding dresses for my height (being 5'1 makes it impossible to shop)!

Weddings | A couple of weeks ago I was asked to be a bridesmaid in a friends wedding! I'm super excited and can't wait to be a part of her special day!

LOVELY LINKS
+ Have you taken my reader survey? I'll be closing it on Friday, so if you haven't done it yet pleaseeeeee do! Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me by taking it, the results are really helping me understand YOU, my readers! :)
+ Of Golden Roses is now offering Sponsorships! Make sure to check out all the details if you're interested!
+ Catch up on all my Edinburgh posts! What a wonderful city.
+ The rodeo is a very Texan thing to do, so let me introduce you to a quick guide to Rodeo Houston!

BLOGS I LOVE: EXPATS IN THE UK

Missed February? Catch up with my February favorites here!
What are some things you're loving this month?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm cracking up because I am doing the exact same thing with Pretty Little Liars!!! I just restarted again where I left off two years ago!! I love love love Nashville...I know I will be doing the same as you once I get back....road trips all the time!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.