The Christmas Tag

23 December 2015



It took awhile but Christmas is finally in the air, Michael Buble is practically singing my life soundtrack, and my candle addiction has hit an all time high (or in the case of my wallet an all time low). Christmastime is the best time of the year, and to kick off the start of Christmas week I thought I would sneakily steal the Christmas Tag (as posted by Milk Bubble Tea and reposted by What the Elle).


1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
It's a Wonderful Life, followed closely by Love Actually and Elf. 

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Growing up, every Christmas Eve we were allowed to open one present (a tradition my parents denied every year but was firmly upheld by my sister and I). However, Christmas morning is when we usually open everything else. 

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
To be honest I really can't think of one specific memory. All my Christmases have been amazing! Family, friends, and food. What could be better?

4. Favourite festive food?
Tamales! Christmas is a chance to celebrate my mother's side and our Mexican heritage. Our typical Christmas Eve meal is Tamales, beans, rice, and of course salsa. 


5. Favourite Christmas gift ?
Vacations are the best gifts in my opinion. One year our Christmas gift was a trip to Rome, another year a trip to New Orleans. Travel is the best gift anyone can give! 

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Apple Cinnamon is my go to holiday scent, however this year I'm loving the scent of pine needles!

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Like I said earlier, Christmas Eve is largely celebrated with my mother's side, which is Mexican American. Other than the traditional Mexican meal, we sing Silent Night in Spanish, which I still don't know completely despite the fact we have sung it for the last 24 years!


8. What tops your tree?
Angels. I say angels because this year we have three trees (sorry not sorry). 

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I was never really an extravagant kid, however I do remember always asking for a horse! At the time it wasn't so ridiculous, I had been riding horses for a couple of years! Needless to say my parents DID think it was ridiculous. 


10. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
Family, friends, and dare I say the 'Christmas-y' atmosphere?


As always, around this time of year, I will be taking a little blogging break for the holiday season. I hope everyone enjoys their time with family and friends, as I'll be enjoying mine! Look out for me in a week or two! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.