Jacoby's Restaurant & Mercantile | Austin, Texas

19 April 2016


Brunch.
Need I say more?

If brunching was an Olympic sport, I'd be a gold medalist. Well, maybe not gold but definitely silver. Brunch happens to be my favorite past time, and why shouldn't it be? Food + friends? Yes to all of the above. 

Since I have spent a fair bit of time in Austin over the last couple of weeks I felt it was only right to find the perfect Austin Brunch spot. Thanks to Elle and her amazing new local knowledge, we found ourselves at Jacoby's Restaurant & Mercantile on a beautiful (but slightly cloudy) morning. 

First things first. Parking is complimentary. Which is amazing in a city like Austin. We were able to pull up easily and one of the attendants quickly came and took care of things from there. We were seated outside (most of the seating is outside) where we were greeted with an amazing view of the Colorado River. 

The menu is small, but every dish is handcrafted to perfection. I opted for the special, Lump Crab Benedict. Elle went for two sides, fried chicken and grits. My taste buds were in Southern comfort food heaven. Although neither of us went for a dish with beef, I was impressed to learn that all of their beef is bred, born, raised, and processed by the Jacoby family themselves.

After our plates were cleared and stomachs full, we strolled around the property. The back garden was lined with antique chairs over looking the river. Perfect for any happy hour meet up in my opinion. Edison lights decorated the entire restaurant, and tiny flower pots were settled on top of every flat surface. We even met the pet bunnies, Cinnamon and Sugar. 

Austin is no stranger to trendy and delicious places to eat. However, I found Jacboy's to be my favorite during my past few trips. The presentation did not overshadow the food, nor vice versa. They complimented each other in a way that is hard to find in todays society of trendy eateries.























xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.