My Favorite Travel Photos & the Stories Behind Them

16 August 2016


I take a lot of pictures when I travel. Hundreds upon hundreds of pictures for a single trip usually. A lot of these photos get lost amongst the rest, only to be occasionally stumbled upon some months or years later. Although these pictures tell stories I may have already shared with this blog in the past, there may be a few new ones thrown in that may put a smile on your face. Case in point: the Stonehenge Photobomber. 


The Stonehenge Photobomber: England
It was the coldest day of the year and my friend and I were on a tour of some of the most beautiful places in England. Despite the weather, when we arrived at Stonehenge it was a mad house. 7,000 people had already visited that day and everyone was trying to get up front to achieve that 'perfect picture'. Tired and cold, we took a quick selfie before moving around to the other side. It was only later we realized we weren't the only ones being silly that day at the stones. 

Stone Lover & The Devil's Chair: Avebury Stone Circle, England
Sometimes you just have to hug an ancient circle. Other times, you just have to stand on the supposed gateway to hell. 

Making Friends: New Orleans
I'm the first to tell you there are some major touristy scams in New Orleans. The carriage rides, although somewhat informative, are one of those. On a normal day I would recommend steering clear, but on this particular summer evening I had a drink or two in me and decided to make friends with one of the locals - a donkey named Zulu. 

The Next Supreme: New Orleans
It's no secret that I am a huge American Horror Story fan. Fiona Goode is essentially my spirit animal. While spending a little time in New Orleans I stumbled across (more like strategically planned a trip to) Buckner Mansion, the main location from Coven. 

Just Jump: La Fortuna, Costa Rica
When my friend and I signed up for canyoneering we thought it would be some cool hike thing. Boy were we wrong. Canyoneering is essentially rappelling down waterfalls, and it is awesome! You may not be able to tell in this picture, but I was experiencing a mixture of sheer terror and adrenaline before I made the decent down. 

Jumping Fail: Nashville, Tennesse
I'm a sucker for a good brick wall. This picture captures the moment I attempted to jump for the camera and my mom leaning out to photobomb me. 



Sometimes, looking through old photographs reminds you of the joy of traveling. If pictures are worth a thousand words, then I have millions of memories. 

xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.