The Last Town in Wales | Chepstow, Wales

21 September 2016


The thing I miss most about living in England is the ability to jump on a train and explore somewhere new. Don't get me wrong, I love having my car here in America. However, there is something about train travel that really opens new possibilities. 

Chepstow has been on my list of places to visit ever since I read about it on Elle's blog. On my recent visit to the UK I made sure to make a day trip out of it. The last (or first depending on how you look at it) town in Wales, Chepstow is a sleepy city with a big history. As soon as you step foot onto the Chepstow train station platform, you are greeted with signs and paths leading you to exciting places. My first stop was the bridge between Wales and England. 


Old Wye Bridge was built in 1816, however bridges have been standing in its place since the 13th century. A bridge easily accessible by foot, you can literally walk from Wales to England. That's right, you can literally walk from one country to another. Despite the gorgeous weather, there were only a few other tourists snapping away. In true fashion, I decided to show off how awkward of a human I am in front of a camera. 


I think I'll stick to taking the photos instead of being in them. 


There is a world of difference between Wales and England. Ask any Brit and they'll give you an extensive history of the differences between the two countries. Chepstow may be a stones throw away from the English border, but it has a lot to offer all on its own. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.