The Space Needle & Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum

21 November 2016


Hello lovely blogging world! In case you missed it, I took a little break. I couldn't force myself to write blog posts despite the fact that I had been on SO many trips! I had all these pictures and nothing to say. Well, after a much needed break from the online world I'm back and super excited to share with you my latest adventures! I believe we left off in Seattle.

Seattle is known for many things. Coffee, Grey's Anatomy, and rainy days to name a few. But the most iconic building in the Seattle skyline has always been the Space Needle, which is why Elle and I decided to make the journey up! 


The Space Needle was built for the 1962 World's Fair held in Seattle. Described as the "Eiffel Tower of the future", the structure stands at 605 feet tall and can withstand hurricane force winds. At the time of our visit in September 58 million people had visited the observation deck. You can take the 41 second elevator ride up, or if you are brave enough you can climb the 848 steps to the top.


While the Space Needle may be one of the most iconic images of Seattle, what lies in its shadow can only be described as a hidden treasure. The Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum was a destination that was described to us by many people as a "do not miss". Not really knowing what to expect, we bought our tickets and ventured into a wonderland type masterpiece. Washington native Dale Chihuly's comprehensive exhibit is on a scale I had never seen before. His talent is mesmerizing and wonderful, as seen in the pictures below. 


You can purchase joint tickets for the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum. A visit to Seattle isn't complete without a trip to the Space Needle, so why not throw in a few extra dollars and enjoy Chihuly's magical work as well? Not convinced yet? I also vlogged our trip! 


What are some of your favorite iconic buildings around the world?
xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.