Oxwich | Wales

25 August 2014

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had not set foot on one beach since moving to the UK. Being from the Gulf Coast and spending every summer on the water, it was kind of a big deal for me. Before the summer ended, I was desperate to not only set foot on a beach, but at least dip my toes into the ocean as well.

On our day trip to Wales, we saw Worms Head and Three Cliffs Bay, two of the most beautiful Welsh coastlines. It was only fair to head down to one of these beaches. Oxwich is one of the many beaches located at Three Cliffs Bay. J used to visit Oxwich growing up and decided, despite the cold water, to have a little swim. While I wasn't as brave as him, I did take off my shoes and walk a bit along the shore. 
Right as we set up our towels in the sand, it began to rain. Typical, right? So we packed our bags and headed to the car. Even with the rain, I was happy to have been on a beach at least ONCE this summer. It seems we had picked the last warm weekend as well. Things have been cooling down here in England!

If you aren't following me on Instagram, I donated and did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. If you haven't donated already, please think about doing so as it's an amazing cause. While my Instagram version is only a tiny bit of the actual video, it's still entertaining to watch so check it out here.

Happy Monday!
xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

This blog is a positive space. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel may be offensive.